Sunday, November 4, 2012

ARE WE REALLY?!?


Writing this feels unreal … unexpected … understated.

Seeing *two* pink lines on Friday, Nov. 12th 2012 was unreal.  I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and blinked several times to make sure I wasn’t imagining things.  Two lines means positive ... means pregnant. WE’RE PREGNANT!  We’re pregnant??? We’re pregnant!!! … now what do I do? J In typical O.C.D. fashion, I took two more tests. Both Positive.  

WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!

The feeling was so unexpected. Yes, we had been crossing-fingers & toes that we’d eventually see those *two* pink lines, but actually seeing a positive result was an indescribable feeling that I don’t think anyone can prepare for.  It’s a shock. It’s a beautiful, welcomed, overjoying, shock.  It’s a “walk-aimlessly-around-the-house-with-a-big-smile-on-your-face-because-you-don’t-know-how-to-contain-the-happy-energy” kind of shock.

I wish I could have captured Jonny’s reaction in a bottle. All day I was so eager to tell him, but I wanted to share the news in person, which meant waiting until he came home from work. I have always left Jonny notes around the house and occasionally the notes sent him on a hunt for little presents … usually a six-pack of good beer.  This time, however, his note directed him to the oven where he found a bun … because “we have a bun in the oven!” He looked in the oven for a minute and then shouted “There is?!? ARE WE REALLY?!?” and gave me several long hugs with expressions of excitement in between.  It was just one of the best moments we’ve ever had together… one I never want to forget.


Writing this blog feels like an understated way to express our tidal-wave of emotions. Calling the OBGYN was such a REAL experience. It was the first time I said the words “I am pregnant” and the first time I heard the word “congratulations!” On the other hand, we are also feeling a bit anxious at only ~5 weeks along. It is still very early. We will soon tell our families, but have otherwise decided to keep our news “hush-hush” until the 12 week milestone. The weeks ahead of us will be filled with lots of developments and it is never far from our minds what a HUGE (and also, "sesame-seed" sized --- eek!) blessing this is.   

Praying & excited for lots of healthy growing in the weeks to come!  

Xo,

KRISTIE & JON

No comments:

Post a Comment