Saturday, December 1, 2012

YOLO

I just re-read our first blog from FOUR weeks ago. As I sit here wondering how a month could have already passed us by, I realize how much has already changed in our lives!

The 1st week after learning of our great news, I tiptoed everywhere and researched every little symptom I was experiencing.  The 2nd week, I realized that tiptoeing makes you crazy so I fell back into a routine – exercising, going out with girlfriends (no wine drinking J), and appreciating the little symptomatic-reminders that our baby is growing bigger with each passing day. The 3rd week was a very exciting week because we were finally able to tell some very important people about our news – my parents and my brother!


We had been planning our Thanksgiving trip to Captiva Island, FL since February and it had finally arrived! Jonny and I were squirming in our seats on the plane because we were SO excited to share the news with my family, who now live in California. The timing was perfect and we felt so fortunate that we could tell them in person! We hadn’t been together more than 5 minutes before Jonny and I started executing our plan to deliver the surprise news – we could not wait! We shared with them some photos that we want to use for our Christmas card this year and one of the photos showed us holding a little baby Santa hat. After seeing that photo they said “this is definitely the best one, but what’s up with that little hat?” Tears filled my eyes as I emphasized that it was a BABY Santa hat and my Dad said, “Are you PRE…?” He couldn’t finish saying the word before we were all crying, laughing, and giving each other a huge family hug! Everyone was VERY surprised and oh-so-happy! 

The remaining 9 days on Captiva Island were better than we could have ever imagined – so much love and excitement and sunsets and imaginative chatter about how much fun we have ahead of us! There was a little shop on the island called “YOLO,” which stands for “You Only Live Once.” But my Mom creatively changed it to “Your Own Little One.” Now the Warzala family calls the baby “YOLO” – just adorable!  

This baby is so much bigger than the two of us. Not only will the baby create two parents, it will also create four grandparents and two uncles --- a united family of nine J  We can’t wait to share the news with Jonny’s parents and his brother, Sean!

The 4th week was definitely the most thrilling week so far because we had our first ultrasound! ... details in the next blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment