Sunday, February 10, 2013

JETSETTER

Hello WEEK 19 – so nice to see you!   The “duck” and I started writing this entry while on a flight to New York City, one of the many places my wonderful job has afforded me to frequent over the years. Last week, I started listing all of the cities I have visited since finding out about our baby-to-be, and the list is LONG for only a 19 week span of time (click HERE to see a map).  Jonny and I really enjoy traveling, especially ever since our study abroad program in Europe, so it’s fun to think that we’re instilling a similar trait in our little one before he/she arrives!  Traveling is even more enjoyable when there are generous people who fly on the same plane as you. I experienced this joy today when a total stranger lifted my suitcase out of the overhead bin and handed it to me before I got off the plane.  A random act of kindness that I will definitely pay forward.

The past few weeks have been smooth sailing (or flying, as the case may be). My energy levels are high, I am sleeping much better than in the first trimester, and I continue to look forward to the moments when I feel our little-one fluttering in my tummy.  There are some days when the baby is more active than others, but I am sure that as the weeks pass by I will start to feel more and more movement.  I’m most looking forward to the day when the flutters are strong enough for Jonny to be able to feel them too!

A lot of people have been asking me if I’m craving any specific foods yet. There are couple of things that I rarely ate pre-pregnancy and also a couple of things that I ate frequently, but just love even more now:  

1.       Juice Boxes. This is a confusing one. I think I might like these because it gives the allusion of a “special” drink – like wine. Jonny thinks it’s because I like drinking out of a straw.
2.       McDonalds Hamburgers - like the small ones that come in a Happy Meal. To clarify, I have only had 3 of these since finding out I was pregnant (definitely not eating them all the time). But I would have never choicefully eaten this pre-pregnancy. I’m not sure if it’s the pickles or the onions or the mustard or the delightfully cute size, but something about them tastes like YUM.  
3.       Coffee Ice Cream.  Again, not something I eat a lot … but when faced with choosing an ice cream flavor, I lean towards coffee/mocha.  While I liked this flavor pre-pregnancy, it was never my first choice.
4.       Hardboiled Eggs. For the past few years I have eaten a hardboiled egg for breakfast almost every day – I love them and I find the morning protein staggers my hunger for the rest of the day.  Today I didn’t have one for breakfast and was kinda sad about it (ha), so I bought two when I got to the airport and I ate them for lunch. 
5.       Peanut Butter.  It seems like I have PB at least one meal/day – whether it be on toast, on a sandwich, or in a smoothie.   Sometimes I want to have it with multiple meals, but have to restrain myself. I liked PB before – but now it’s like a “must have.”

Next week is one that we have been waiting-and-waiting-and-waiting for --- our halfway point of pregnancy and our 20 week ultrasound! We are looking forward to hearing updates on the baby’s developing brain, heart, kidneys, bones, etc.  And of course, it will be incredible to have some new pictures, so we are hoping he/she gives some personality + attitude to the camera. We can only imagine how much different the pictures are going to look compared to the ones from week 10. Until then, here are some pictures of the Baby P “bump” (and our puppies) from weeks 18 and 19.  

WEEK 19

WEEK 18
Last, but certainly not least, we owe major Thank You’s to so many of our family members and friends with kids, who have given us oodles and oodles of fantastic advice in the past few weeks. Let me tell you something: if you ever want to feel overwhelmed – just visit a baby superstore. So, we owe a big THANKS to everyone  who helped us to complete our baby registry!
SUPERBOWL SUNDAY (go Niners!)

No comments:

Post a Comment